PROJECT DESCRIPTION :
The scope of works comprises the rehabilitation and upgrading of the airport infrastructure and associated facilities at Tabora Airport which will be undertaken whilst the airport remains operational throughout as follows;
– Reconstruction and lengthening of the existing gravel secondary runway 08/26 to asphalt surface standard. The construction will be undertaken using Marshall Asphalt surfacing courses, a bound base and cement stabilized in situ granular base.
– Reconstruction and expansion of the existing apron to asphalt surfaced standard. The construction will be undertaken using Marshall Asphalt surfacing courses, a bound base and cement stabilized in situ granular base.
– New filter surface water drainage system will be provided for the full length of the runway and associated cut-off ditches, transverse drain and the like including all manholes, catch-pits and outfalls.
– Pavement markings and other required miscellaneous works.
– Airfield ground lighting comprising runway edge lights, taxiway edge lights, runway end and thresholds lights, simple approach lighting systems, PAPI, and apron floodlighting.
– New electrical substation, and all associated electrical supply, including generators and CCRs for the airport
– New DVOR-DME and power supply
– Flight tests